Friday 30 August 2013

Sweet Tooth

Since a little girl I have always had a sweet tooth, I loved cakes and sweets. As I've gotten older I've grown less fond of sweets but have fallen in love with more and more cakes and puddings.

Recently we went into town, which is rare to say the least, but during this trip I was determined to visit a cake store I've been passing since it opened. That store is Patisserie Valerie and it's to die for. The cakes are all made in store, they are fresh and so mourish. 
The first time I tried a cake from here was my mother in laws birthday, her daughter had decided to buy a cake and it looked like this: 

This cake is amazing, after one piece I was done in. The cake has a fantastic taste, very chocolatey and the profiteroles on top were a brilliant touch. However, we all felt a little sickly after our slices, this cake is maybe too much but I'd have it again if it wasn't for the price tag of £18.95 to serve six people. 

So on my trip I picked a Double chocolate slice at just £2.95. I personally found this to be a reasonable price as the slice was huge.

 
I commented to my husband that I wished I could make my cakes as light and fluffy as this one, it was perfect. The chocolate cream layers were quite sweet and again there was a profiterole which was delicious. I really have to say that I've not tasted such nice cakes, usually I have chocolate gateau's from our local supermarket for birthdays but these cakes are way above that standard.
I've made it my mission to go into town more often and to try each of these cakes, the next will be the Black forest slice as I was struggling to pick between the two.

So yes, I advise all to take a trip to your local Patisserie Valerie (if you have one!) and try their fantastic cakes! They are also a cafe but as per usual it costs more to eat them inside.


Do you have a favourite cake or pudding? What is it?


No comments:

Post a Comment