Thursday 10 October 2013

My favourite place to food shop

I've always been a bit of a spender, it's kind of gotten me into a little bit of debt. I blame University and the ridiculous amount of money they hand out for supplies etc. When at University I would food shop anywhere but mostly at Morrisons which was the closest and has always had a fabulous choice of cakes...and I LOVE cakes.
Any ways after Uni I got a job, worked a ton of hours and was happy buying anything I wanted, I used my overdraft happily as it was a student one and was of course interest free. This was a nice security that ended as soon as Uni was over and of course I needed to pay it back. To cut a long story short I had a couple of kids, I cut my work down and ended up not having much to spend on my food or clothes.

So where is my favourite shopping place? Aldi. I love this place. Not only does it do a great selection of affordable yet quality foods but every week they have a large selection of affordable Special buys. These can be anything  from clothing, baby products, gardening essentials and household items. I'm always walking down the aisle for these and having a good look, I often find a bargain or two that I snap up. Just a couple of weeks a go I bought a box and baby wipes for £3 which had six packs inside, fantastic bargain! This week they have sports clothing, shower heads, an electric toothbrush and they always have a selection of food on offer too.

The reason I chose Aldi as my shopping place is how much it saves me. I used to shop solely at Tesco, this cost me on average £70 a week and we usually shop for a six day week with a meal everyday and lunch options.
Now at Aldi I buy for the six day week, get lunch box essentials for my daughter and as I said usually by a special buy every week if I see something. So how much do I save? £20!? I usually spend on average £50 a week at this place and with a newborn that's great! Of course during the week we do 'small shops' for milk and bread but never much.

I know this isn't a enthralling post but i've been lacking inspiration for awhile and since i'm doing the food shop tomorrow I figured I'd post this!

Tomorrow I'll post about newborn essentials and what you really don't need to waste money on.

No comments:

Post a Comment